Technology changes the way we live each day, and it changes the way we do business even more. The process of implementation of new technologies in business is inherent to corporate innovation. If done wisely, it can improve the existing business and provide a plethora of opportunities for growth.
In the age of an ever-growing need for increased efficiency and productivity, online solutions are quickly becoming a fundamental part of doing business. Speaking for the PR Industry, modern PR tools easily execute even the most mundane tasks, leaving more time for professionals to focus on things that matter the most.
Here is a list of Digital PR tools that PR professionals must use in 2022:
Graphics and designs are an essential part of any digital PR campaign and when it comes to distributing your press release or blogs or any post via social media, there must be a catchy graphic or image accompanying the content.
Sharing an image that sticks out and grabs attention is a big necessity. If you have a designer on the team then this gets sorted but, if not, then Canva can surely help you to DIY. It lets you create stunning visuals through its easy to use drag and drop system. There are many free templates for almost everything, from logos, posters, flyers to brochures and presentations, Canva is the one stop solution for getting your visuals created in minutes.
How Canva helps PRs?
- Create stunning graphics for social media, blogs, infographics and edit images.
- Make creative presentations, briefs, proposals and featured images for your blogs and social media posts.
- You can even create attractive short videos using Canva which can be used to promote a brand.
Find That Lead
PR professionals are always busy maintaining their contact database, searching for new contacts, verifying emails and updating the old ones. Doing all this manually by searching over the web or through calling is a difficult task and tools like Find that lead is absolute bliss in this case.
It is a simple, easy to use tool for finding contact information, all you need to do is search with the person’s name and organization and there you go, you get the verified contact details for the person concerned. You can buy any suitable plan of Find that lead or it offers 50 free monthly credits which can be used in finding and verifying contacts.
How Find that lead help PRs?
- You can use this tool for single and bulk email verification.
- Can be used to find the verified contact details by simply using the name and organization of the specific person.
- You can also find contact details of different people working in the same organization.
Google dominates the web, so when it comes to data about your website or a particular page or section like the Newsroom, Google Analytics should be your first port of call. With the new age of PR, there has never been a stronger focus on knowing where traffic comes from, what works, what doesn’t, what people like and what people don’t, and everything else in-between.
Little tricks, such as finding out the user flow and the most popular exit pages, will help highlight the areas that may need more focus. The platform is free to use and essential if organic traffic to your website is something you are prioritizing.
How is Google Analytics useful for PRs?
- You can use Google Analytics to monitor and analyze the results of your PR Campaigns by looking at the engagement, sources and traffic numbers.
- With Google Analytics you can know from where the visitor traffic majorly comes from and then plan activities useful for your users
- PRs can also use Google Analytics for monitoring the user behavior and know what is more effective for their target audience.
Writing great press releases, blogs, emailers, newsletters and other marketing & communications related content is the everyday task of PR Professionals. For this, you need to have a keen understanding of spelling, sentence structure and terminology that resonates with your audience.
At the same time, it can be nice to have a smart platform like Grammarly, which is ready to step in when the odd misspelling or grammatical boob tries to slip through your content. It’s a handy tool for helping you brush up on your grammar and spot the silly mistakes you make.
How is Grammarly useful for PRs?
- It can be used to check out the spelling and grammatical errors that you unknowingly make while writing.
- You can use Grammarly for tone suggestions according to your content type, it will suggest words and phrases which will be more effective for your content.
- You can use Grammarly for plagiarism detection to safeguard your content from any such issues.
Managing social media is a task that might seem simple and mundane until its importance is recognized. Social media management tools like Hootsuite make this task a breeze.
Hootsuite has many valuable uses, from scheduling tweets to managing multiple social media profiles to monitoring what people are saying about you across multiple social networks, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more. This way, you are 24×7 active on social media, without actually putting a lot of effort.
How is Hootsuite useful for PRs?
- You can easily manage multiple social media platform accounts in one place.
- You can schedule social media posts in advance.
- You can easily manage reactions and responses from different social media platforms at one place.
Media relations are absolutely vital for the success of your future PR outreach and LinkedIn is the best platform for professional networking. What’s nice about using LinkedIn is that it immediately gives you a top-level overview of each person’s expertise, making it easy for you to choose your professional pitch for the person concerned. You can use LinkedIn’s built-in messaging system to approach your new connections directly, notwithstanding the usual hurdles.
How is LinkedIn useful for PRs?
- You can use LinkedIn for making useful professional connections.
- LinkedIn’s inbuilt messaging system can be used to approach your connections and discuss collaborations and other useful information. It
- It can also be used as a social media platform for increasing the visibility and reach of your organization.
Knowing what the public is saying about your brand or company is very important. For this, PR monitoring is the work to be done. Doing this manually, by searching the publications and web is a hectic task.
Solving the problem, modern PR measurement tools like Mediatoolkit offer monitoring brand reputation in real-time and evaluate your efforts. Mediatoolkit monitors your mentions across all social media platforms, you can know exactly when and where you got covered and what the audience is saying about you.
How is Mediatoolkit useful for PRs?
- You can monitor your mentions over the web in any language.
- You can get the analytics about the reach of your campaign.
- You can also get alerts when your query is mentioned.
This tool is like the google of journalists, an incredibly useful platform for finding journalists. You can search based on location, media outlet, the topics they have covered, keywords or the content of their tweets/shares and you find the person you’re looking for in seconds.
How is MuckRack useful for PRs?
- You can find the right journalists easily on MuckRack’s article and author database.
- You can use it for email distribution and press monitoring.
- It can also be used for campaign management.
My Mail Merge
Speaking of sending bulk emails to your contacts, do you still do it manually? If yes then my mail merge is your ladder to level up. Email communication in bulk through this tool is a way to increase your productivity, it allows you to send bulk emails in one click and then track them too. It comes with a daily limit of 1500 emails and also an additional feature of test email which you can use for a quick check of your email.
How is My Mail Merge useful for PRs?
- You can send bulk emails in one click through my mail merge.
- You can also track your sent emails.
- Easy to save templates, send bulk emails right from Google sheets.
Keeping a track of what is trending in your brand industry and what your type of content is engaging your target audience, is very important for a PR professional today and Twitter is the best platform to do this, you can keep an eye on the trending hashtags, what’s going on in the industry and what should be in the que for your social media planning.
How is Twitter useful for PRs?
- You can use it as a social media platform to increase your brand awareness.
- It can be used as a platform to run your PR campaigns.
- It can also be used as a source to search out for news professional connections.
Most of the tools suggested above have free versions for users with basic requirements and premium or pro versions for more intricate requirements. Our team monitors the tech space regularly to bring updates on the latest technology and tools for the PR and communications professional, so keep an eye on our blog for more updates.
2 thoughts on “10 Powerful Tools to Unlock the Potential of your PR campaigns ”
Absouletly loved the blog, listed new apps that are useful like my mail merge, i keeping on sending mails daily as a task thank you for listing it and also I will try the MuckRack. Once again thank ypu for writing the blog it really helped me a lot.
The article helped me grasp a wide range of subjects in excellent detail.