Today’s online sphere is constantly changing. If you prefer to stay in competition with your industry rivals, there is no doubt that you need to adopt these fast changes in digital marketing.
To help you learn the best trends of digital marketing in 2020 we have curated this listing of top 10 digital marketing trends of 2020.
1. Video Marketing
Long past are the days when we used to appeal to customers and clients via creative hoardings or billboards hung on a highway. Additionally creative designs and attractive images of your business are no longer gonna work anymore. In 2020, it’s the era of video marketing.
Let us tell you, how?
The analytics show that video marketing is not an option now for businesses. Have a look at these numbers and decide yourself.
- 70% of consumers say that they have shared a brand’s video. Source
- 72% of businesses say video has improved their conversion rate. Source
- 65% of executives have visited a vendor’s website after watching a video and 39% call the vendor after watching a work-related video. Source
Well you can’t ignore the numbers here, can you?
Videos are the easiest and most popular way to inform customers about your products. We all have faced the fact that the digital user base is shifted to mobile devices in past years.
Content consumption is maximum from mobile devices. If you are still stuck with those long emailers and white papers to communicate with your customers then the mobile screen is too small for that.
Videos are engaging, easy to recall and these are more likely to give your website more traffic because people search for videos more frequently on Google. People find videos on the web, so Google pushes the websites to a higher rank which include videos.
How to start making videos?
- Start creating videos right from your smartphone. Any special equipment is not required to begin it.
- Don’t stick to one platform like YouTube, start uploading videos on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok. These are fastly growing places for video content consumption.
- LIVE VIDEO: This word can engage multiple audiences at once. Use live videos for interviews, live demo of products, product launch and life in the office etc. People are more interested in watching you live.
- Use thumbnails in every video, this persuades a user to click on your video. Learn to create FOMO in the mind of your audience with your thumbnails.
- One step ahead, rip the audio from the video and use it as a Podcast.
- You can try 360-degree videos, Vlogging and Tik-Tok short videos. These are emerging trends in 2020.
You need to personalize your marketing strategies and start developing a personal connection with your audience. By this, we mean personalized messages, emails and even personalized content for everybody.
Yes, this technique is already rewarding many businesses out there.
No, personalization is not limited to customizing the name of the recipient in your email list.
First of all, consider these statistics about personalization marketing campaigns:
- 63% of consumers feel annoyed with generic advertising blasts
- 80% say they are more likely to do business with a company if it offers personalized experiences
- 90% claim they find personalization appealing
How can you do personalization?
- Make segments of your customers or users. Build messages around these segments and target through the right channel.
- Understand the behaviour of the user and start giving personalized product recommendations to them. The conversion rate would increase miraculously.
- Start personalized ‘Special Offers’ to your users. Anybody feels special while getting a special offer or discount instead of getting the same offer for everyone.
- Use Dynamic Content features in your email marketing campaigns. It can help you to curate messages according to the user’s place, time and temperature.
Personalization doesn’t require much technical knowledge or hard efforts. It needs analytical behaviour and ability to understand your customer’s interest.
When a visitor comes to your website, he/she may have questions about your products or services. You can’t always be there to answer everyone. So chatbots come into action.
This AI-based technology helps you to chat with your customers or site visitors in real-time. Many businesses and brands are already using it and they seem quite satisfied with it.
24×7 responsiveness, instant replies, accurate recall of customers history and never lose patience nature of chatbots make them the best replacement of human customer service executives. Many customers prefer interacting with Chatbots because of their outstanding customer service which meets their needs.
These facts tell everything about the advantages of having a Chatbot on your website: [Source]
- 85 percent of the customer services are powered by the Chatbots in 2020.
- 63 percent of people prefer to chat with an online bot while communicating with a business.
- Chatbots are expected to cut business costs by $8 billion by 2022.In 2020, if you are really up to implementing a new digital trend, you can’t miss chatbots.
Digital influencers are the powerpack marketing tool of today. We all know that word-of-mouth publicity is the best publicity and an influencer can help you amplify your brand message more effectively and more personally.
Big brands use big influencers and make the best ROI out of them. You also can give a try to micro-influencers who fit in your budget and can help you to reach a wide audience.
If you are yet unaware about the basic understanding of influencer marketing then first read this.
Digital Influencers are those who have decent followers base on social media and they have good engagement and relationship with the audience. If you amplify your brand message through them, it may not reach millions of people but certainly, it will reach thousands of people who are loyal to their influencer and they can be easily converted.
A study from Adweek revealed that Micro-influencers are 67% cost-effective but had 6.7x higher engagement rate than big influencers.
How can you go for micro-influencer marketing?
- Choose the right platform to promote your influence marketing campaign. Test every platform and then conclude which one is best for you. Try Youtube, Instagram, Tik-Tok, Facebook and Snapchat.
- Explore the profiles of influencers which share content related to the type of your business and analyse performance and engagement on their content.
- Try to approach directly to a micro-influencer. It might be more cost-effective for you.
- Before launching the campaign work on your message. Discuss with the influencer, how can they help you to create better and creative messages.
Influencer marketing is the present and future of digital marketing. If you want to build trust and faith for your brand in people’s mind, don’t stop yourself to go for it.
5. Email Marketing
Undoubtedly, Email marketing is the major communication channel with the highest ROI as ever. In 2020, it continues to be at the number one position in terms of ROI.
Billions of people and millions of digital marketers are already using email marketing for personal, professional, commercial and marketing purposes. Not just simple emailers and promotional mail campaigns, new trends have emerged where you can use this platform to sell your products and services.
For every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $42 (DMA, 2019). In 2019, 293.6 Billion emails were sent and received every day and the number is increasing in 2020.
These figures are enough evidence to understand that email marketing is still the most fruitful channel which can’t be abandoned.
You must have used email marketing campaigns before but what more can you add to it in 2020?
- Generic emails are outdated, so you need to make them interactive and engaging. Add call to action, emojis and tasks in your emails.
- Make the subject line very attractive, personal and valuable. Don’t try to fool the reader with misleading headlines, this way he/she will open your email only one time and then your emails will directly go to the spam folder.
- Long texts are too boring to read. Include images, infographics and videos in your emails. Try to speak with the reader with your content.
- Use tools which can automate the email campaigns for you. This way you will be able to make an uninterrupted connection with your customers.
Email marketing is the best, now it’s your turn to bring the best result out of it.
- Niche Based SM channels
- Artificial Intelligence
- Optimization of Featured Snippet
- M Funnel
- Social Media Stories/Memes